"Stone Sour's" second album, "Come What (Ever) May", was released on August 1, 2006.
So let's find out some interesting facts about the album:
1. This is the band's best-selling album to date !!
2. The album was recorded in "Studio 606" which is Dave Grohl's private recording studio in Los Angeles.
3. Drummer Joel Ekman recorded only two songs for the album, as he decided to leave the band due to his son's illness.
4. Drummer Roy Mayorga from the band "Soulfly" replaced Joel to record the rest of the songs on the album, apart from the first song played by Shannon Larkin, drummer of the band "Godsmack". Roy then became the band's regular drummer. After the band went on an unlimited hiatus Roy went back to his former band.
5. A number of famous hits have come out of this album such as: "30 / 30-150", "Through Glass", "Made Of Scars", "Sillyworld" and "Zzyzx Rd".
6. The song "30 / 30-150" earned the band a nomination in the "Best Metal Performance" category at the 2007 Grammy Awards.
7. The name of the song is taken from the size of Corey Taylor's pants and the weight he had when he was in high school, the 30/30 size of the jeans, and 150 lbs which is 68 kg of body weight.
8. In this album the band presented a more diverse dynamic of songs with the list being quite balanced between the hard rock and the softer and more user-friendly parts, this is also one of the reasons why this album led to the increase in the band's popularity. An example of this is the single "Through Glass" which features a softer and more digestible part.
9. Unlike the first album where all the music was written by Josh Rand the band's guitarist and the lyrics were written by Corey, in this album each of the band members had a contribution to write and everyone was a co-creator.
10. Josh said in an interview that accompanied the release of the album, that after the recordings of the album he returned to his job as a neon lighting technician, and that he really likes this job as well as being with his family.
11. On this album the band members wanted to prove that they are here to stay. Some of you may not know, but "Stone Sour" was formed before "Slipknot" and the band members did not want to adopt the image of "Corey Taylor's side project" but to be a real band. As of now the band went on to an unlimited hiatus and we hope they will be back.