Chris Cornell - Songbook
This time we decided to hold ourselves back and not spill out our gusts but just share with you some facts in order to avoid total adherence !!
This fantastic, moving, and simple album was released on November 21, 2011, so here are some facts about an album we had the opportunity to experience in real life:
1. This is Chris Cornell's first LIVE album of his solo career.
2. The album is a collection of 16 songs performed as part of the "Songbook Tour" the tour that took place in 2011 in the US and Canada.
3. The songs changed from show to show and covered Chris's glorious musical career. Songs from his solo career, "Soundgarden", "Temple Of The Dog" and "Audioslave". In addition, Chris also performed covers of Led Zeppelin and John Lennon.
4. The album features three more songs...
5. The song "The Keeper" written for the soundtrack of the movie "Machine Gun Preacher".
6. The song "Cleaning My Gun" which was part of Cornell's acoustic performances in the past but was not released on an album.
7. The song "As Hope and Promise Fade" which came out as a hidden track on Chris' solo album "Scream".
8. In 2016, Chris performed two acoustic performances in Israel, one on May 6 at the Tel Aviv Hall of Culture (we were there!!!) and the other on May 7 at the Caesarea Amphitheater. The performances were very similar to the structure and style of the songs on the album.
9. There is no shadow of a doubt that Chris has a phenomenal singing talent and his ability to convey emotion in singing is just amazing, one can experience this at every stage of his diverse career. This album highlights and reinforces Chris's amazing talent, since his voice is so dominant, it is much more moving than the electric performance we are familiar with.
10. It just makes us think about what would have happened (and also ask why it did not happen) if "Soundgarden" were also performing an "MTV Unplugged" show.
11. There is not a single song here that will not wet the tip of your eye or at least make you shiver slightly but the most prominent are: "Call Me a Dog", "Can't Change Me", "Wide Awake", "Fell on Black Days ", "Like a Stone" and "The Keeper".
12. ** Bonus fact - back in 2006 he released a good quality bootleg called "Unplugged in Sweden" which included some of the songs that will appear later in the songbook with similar performances as well as other songs including covers in acoustic versions of songs like "Peace, Love, and Understanding" by Elvis Costello, "Redemption Song" by Bob Marley and Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean."
Now take a glass of wine, hit a few sips, and press play (maybe you better wait for the kids to fall asleep).
Listen to the album on: Spotify, Apple Music