She's one of the greatest vocalists of our generation, and not only is she a huge singer she's also a crazy musician and guitar player!!
Lzzy Hale was born on October 10, 1983, so get some interesting facts about her and her band Halestorm...
1. At the age of 5 she learned to play the piano when at a later stage she learned to play the Keytar (synthesizer with a track) and her brother Arejay learned to play the drums.
2. Only at the age of 16 did she learn to play the guitar.
3. In 1999 when she was 16 she and her brother released an EP called "Don't Mess With the Time Man".
4. In 2003 they added guitarist Joe Hottinger and with their father Roger Hale on bass.
5. In 2004 bassist Josh Smith joined the band, a year later they signed a record deal with Atlantic Records and officially became the band Halestorm.
6. In 2006 they released their first official EP called "One and Done" which included 5 songs of a live performance.
7. In 2009 they released their debut album bearing the band's name. The first single from the album was "I Get Off" and it put the album in 40th place on the Billboard 200.
8. In 2012 the band released their second album "The Strange Case Of..." It can be said that this is the band's breakthrough album. The single "Freak Like Me" went straight to number one on the mainstream rock chart, the single "Here's to Us" was performed in the famous series Glee and the single "Love Bites (So Do I)" gave the band a Grammy win in the Best Hard Rock / Metal Performance category.
9. This Grammy win in 2012 was the first time a band led by a woman was nominated and won the above category.
10. In March 2014, the band participated in a cover album as a tribute to Dio's works called "Ronnie James Dio - This Is Your Life". The band performed the song "Straight Through the Heart" on the album.
11. A year later the band released their third album "Into the Wild Life". The album continued the success of the previous album and reached number 5 on the Billboard 200.
12. In 2018, the band released their fourth album "Vicious". The album reached No. 8 on the Billboard 200 but topped the charts in other U.S. charts. Lzzy said it was the first album that could be felt as a band, a band made up of four people and not one person.
13. The band has released three EPs containing covers for the bands they grew up and adored.
"Reanimate: The Covers EP" (2011), "Reanimate 2.0: The Covers EP" (2013) and "Reanimate 3.0: The Covers EP" (2017).
14. Lzzy is the lead writer and leader of the band, she has always said that she loves to write and create the songs when she imagines them in a live show. She always likes to feel how the song will be expressed in the performance, this is what guides her in the work.
15. Talking about live shows... Halestorm is a band of live shows! They love to perform and try to perform as much as possible, their average performance per year is more than 250 performances, crazy.
16. In 2019 Gibson company created a special guitar signature named after Lzzy: Limited Edition Lzzy Hale Signature Explorer Outfit. An Epiphone Explorer model that Lzzy has used most of her career.
17. In 2021 Gibson announced Lzzy as the brand ambassador !! As the brand's ambassador, she will help create new signature models of Gibson, Epiphone and Kramer. It has also been added to the Gibson Advisory Board, where artists present philanthropic opportunities that fulfill the Gibson Foundation’s mission to create, develop and support non-profit organizations to promote musicians, youth-focused education and health initiatives.
18. Lzzy is known for her collaborations with other artists, her presence and vocal and stage gives a different, exciting and mesmerizing dimension. She has collaborated with: Sinedown, Black Stone Cherry, Stone Sour, Dream Theater, In This Moment and many more.
19. In August 2021, Halestorm released a new single that upon its release, Lzzy shared her mental struggles on social media. Lzzy noted that this is a personal song written from the perspective of her mental health. She said she was really "on the edge", but instead of letting herself sink in and dive into the darkness and depression she decided to write a hard rock song so everyone could scream with it out loud and remember they are not alone.