"Incubus'" second album consisting of the acronym "S.C.I.E.N.C.E." released on September 9, 1997, so let's tell you a few things about it:
1. This is the first album out of a 7 albums contract that the band signed with Sony after the release of their first album.
2. The initials of the album name represent a joke of the band members and not a real meaning:
Sailing Catamarans Is Every Nautical Captain's Ecstasy
3. This is the first and only album on which DJ Lyfe participated and besides being a DJ he is also a famous graffiti artist.
4. This is one of the most diverse albums of the band that was then at the beginning of their journey and was looking for the musical direction, it includes sections of heavy metal, electro, jazz, hip-hop, and more...
5. After the release of the album they joined "Korn's" well-known tour called "Family Values" and the "Ozzfest" which gave them a huge boost towards meteoric success.
6. This album was a big part of the band's setlist performing for 15 years.
7. This is the band's first album to receive a gold album from the RIAA.
8. From the album came three singles, the first and most famous is "A Certain Shade of Green", the second "Redefine (Promo)" and the third "New Skin"
9. In 1998 the album sold 100,000 copies without any support or exposure from radio and television.
10. The band members have given themselves nicknames and do not appear in their real names on the album: Cornelius (Brandon Boyd), Jawa (Mike Einziger), Dirk Lance (Alex Katunich), DJ Lyfe (Gavin Koppel), Badmammajamma (José Pasillas)
Follow us on Facebook or Subscribe to our website
"Face/Off" - Israel's Rock Blog & Podcast