Today we will tell you about Phil Campbel known as "Motörhead's" guitarist.
(Photo: Ian Gavan)
1. Phil Campbell was born on May 7, 1961, in Pontypridd, Wales.
2. He began playing guitar at a young age and formed his first band, "Persian Risk", in the late 1970s.
3.Campbell was a fan of "Motörhead" before he joined the band, and even saw them play live in 1979.
4. He officially joined "Motörhead" as the band's guitarist in 1984 and remained with them until their dissolution in 2015.
5. Campbell played on 16 studio albums with "Motörhead", including the band's final album "Bad Magic" which was released in 2015.
(Photo: courtesy of Adrenaline PR)
6. In addition to playing guitar, Campbell is also proficient on bass, drums, and piano.
7. He has collaborated with many other musicians and bands over the years, including the likes of Dee Snider, Chuck D, and Billy Sheehan.
8. Campbell is known for his distinctive stage presence and often wears a various hats while performing.
9. He is a keen motorcyclist and has been involved in several charity motorcycle rides, including the "Phil Campbell All-Stars Ride" which raises money for children's hospitals.
10. In 2013, Campbell was awarded an honorary doctorate by the University of South Wales in recognition of his contribution to the music industry.
11. Campbell is also an accomplished artist and has created artwork for several of "Motörhead's" album covers and merchandise.
12. His solo album, "Old Lions Still Roar", was released in 2019 and featured guest appearances from several notable musicians, such as Dee Snider, Rob Halford and Alice Cooper.
13. Campbell's has another solo project called "Phil Campbell and the Bastard Sons". It includes his three kids : Todd , Dane & Tyla. They released an EP in 2016 and 2 studio albums, the latest called "We're the Bastards", was released in 2020.
14. Campbell has cited guitarists such as Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, and Jimmy Page as his major influences.
15. He has stated in interviews that his favorite "Motörhead" album is "Another Perfect Day", which was released in 1983 before he joined the band.