One of the most popular and influential figures in the world of music, and without a doubt, the most energetic, Mick Jagger is celebrating his birthday today !!!
(Photo: Michael Hickey)
Although Jagger is known as one of the founders of "The Rolling Stones" but he also released four solo albums and has quite a few collaborations with various artists, including the supergroup he founded "SuperHeavy" And Dave Grohl with whom he released a new song in April 2021. He is also an actor, music, and film producer, and a successful businessman.
It seems that in the case of Jagger, everything is clear and known so we do not have anything new to tell you, but still, we will try to surprise you with 16 crazy facts:
1. He was the owner of a mansion called "Stargroves". The mansion was used, among other things, as a studio for recording masterpieces albums of the bands "The Who" and "Led Zeppelin", before being sold by Jagger in 1979.
2. He was nominated for the role of Alex in "A Clockwork Orange", for the role of Frank in "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" and for the role of Salieri in the film "Amadeus".
3. He really wanted the role in "A Clockwork Orange" and "The Beatles" members even created a petition to help him get it, but despite everything, he did not win the role.
4. He was a good student, he studied business administration to become an accountant, but left after a year in favor of music.
5. In the early 1970s he learned to play the guitar, and starting with the 1971 album "Sticky Fingers" he played guitar in all of the band's albums except "Dirty Work" and "Blue and Lonesome".
6. He sings background vocals in Carly Simon's song "You're So Vain". Simon denied that the song was written about him.
7. Rumor has it that he secretly paid Sid Vicious's legal expenses in the trial for the murder of his girlfriend Nancy Spungen.
8. On the other hand, rumor has it that in 2011 he secretly paid the burial expenses of Hubert Sumlin, who played with Howlin ’Wolf and was a big influence on the Rolling Stones.
9. He has eight children from five different women. Despite this, he was married only once!
10. He also has 5 grandchildren and in 2014 he also became a great-grandfather when his first granddaughter was born.
11. He also became a father at age 73, after his then-girlfriend Melanie Hamrick gave birth to his daughter.
12. Everyone knows he's the subject of "Maroon 5" "Moves Like Jagger", but did you know that he's also mentioned in other songs like Kesha's "Tik Tok" and "The Black Eyed Peas" "The Time (Dirty Bit)"?
13. He composed and played Moog Synthesizer in the soundtrack of the short film "Invocation of My Demon Brother". He noted that it was all one big improvisation.
14. He co-wrote the song "Sister Morphine" with Marianne Faithful, with whom he had been in a relationship since 1966 - he wrote the music and she the lyrics, but she got the credit for it only about three decades later.
15. In contrast, David Bowie and his wife Angie, denied that the song "Angie" was written by Jagger following a relationship he had with Bowie's wife.
16. He helped produce HBO's "Vinyl" series, about the New York music scene of the 1970s.